Thursday, February 10, 2011

Introduction...

So...I decided to start this blog as a way to show and record my progress in my weight loss adventure.

I decided to have gastric bypass surgery back during the early summer 2010 - After all pre-clearances,etc, I was approved and scheduled to have my RNY Jan. 20, 2011.  I couldn't have been more excited.

Someone asked me what was my "breaking point" - like what clicked in my mind that said "it's time to do it."  For me, it wasn't really anything - while I was pregnant with Allie-bug, I was talking to a friend that works with Ben, who, in my opinion, didn't really need it anyways, had had it done, and she looked great.  She just casually mentioned when I was ready - after the baby and everything that I could talk to her and she'd help me out.  Insurance would pay 100%.  I was like, hmmm.  Okay.  Sounds good.  So after baby, after nursing, I started looking into it. 

I never really got nervous going into it.  Just excitement.  Haven't regretted it yet.  I am exactly 3 weeks out and doing pretty good!  Some days I struggle more with protein, some days its more with getting fluids in, somedays it's vitamins, somedays its all of the above.

I will try to update this often, and of course pictures too. 

This was December 18, 2010
Dress size 30 - altered to fit me, but no alterations basically below the bust.   
 Close up.  Loved the dress, was actually comfortable, but looked like I was squeezed into a potatoe sac.
Christmas Eve - size 30P pants.  4X top.  Me and my sweet husband.  :)

 Day after Christmas with my family. 

Pre-op appt. was Jan. 5th, 2011, weighed in 314lbs. at the office.
These two were taken the night before surgery - Jan 19.

Please excuse the ratty old gown.  :)

I have to upload the pictures from 2 weeks out.  And then maybe I'll have some for 3 weeks - and update my weights too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment